I feel like I am still recovering from Easter Sunday! What a weekend! On Saturday we had the Walnut Grove packed with Egg Hunters! We could not have possibly gotten another car parked in Walnut Grove park! The best part is that we had several people come and celebrate Easter with us after being invited at the Egg Hunt!
Sunday morning was incredible! We worshiped and celebrated the Resurrected Jesus & we saw several people make decisions regarding their relationship with God. We had our highest ever attendance at a Church at a Grove gathering! (625) It was a great day!
Here is what we focused on for Easter Sunday morning:
- We see God’s Grace in Creation. Genesis 1:31
- We see God’s Grace in the Curse. Genesis 3:15 “The First Gospel”
- We see God’s Grace in His Covering. Genesis 3:7 & Genesis 3:21
We attempt to cover our sin and shame in our own strength (fig leaves) but God, in His GRACE, covered our sin and shame through the shed blood of the animal. This was a foreshadowing of the “once for all” sacrifice Jesus would make to cover our sin.
Here is what is going on in the life of The Grove this weekend and how you can be a part:
- I would love for you to make personal contact with any person that you invited and brought to our Easter celebration this past Sunday! Invite them back for this next Sunday & part 2 of our GRACE series. Offer to bring them, have them meet you out front, whatever it takes to get them back. You are the most important connection in them coming back!
- Remember we will be back to ONE GATHERING this Sunday at 10am!
- Be aware of our Community Group opportunities for the summer that we will be announcing soon!
- Rest in the GRACE of God this week!
- Friday night is the JOY Prom hosted by Summit Baptist Church. This is a great Prom Experience for special needs students and young adults.
- Friday night is the Butts and Ribs fundraiser for Pat and Joy Hardin!
- Friday night is RELAY FOR LIFE in Monroe! Church at the Grove will have a booth and we will be “Kissing Cancer goodbye”!
- Don’t miss out on the opportunities to connect with us as we partner with God to make an observable difference in our local and global community!
Keep Praying, Keep investing, Keep inviting!