God uses one another to transform and complete us in Jesus!
Romans 12:15–16 (ESV)
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.
Decide where you will connect in Community and Commit to it!
At the end of every series, almost, I feel like I am beating a dead horse! Understand that I have been planning, studying, pouring over sermons, plans and how to apply them for weeks. I have felt a little the same way this past week but I need to say that I am wholeheartedly convinced that our focus on COMMUNITY GROUPS is the right direction. We must connect relationally to move forward in what God has called us to do!
I feel that yesterday’s text from scripture and our focus on ONE ANOTHER is so needed. We are family and we must learn how to do life with one another. Here is the recap from yesterday:
God uses one another to transform us and complete us Jesus. Through:
Authentic love for one another.
This is the type of love that loves with a natural affection that characterizes members of the same family.
Second mile Hospitality toward one another.
This is hospitality that is FIRST to lead out in honor others. Chick-Fil-A does this better than any other fast food restaurant in this business. They create a culture of hospitality second to none. This is why we place a premium at Church at the Grove on “First Impressions”.
Unity and Harmony with one another.
The Apostle Paul explains this great here:
Philippians 2:2 (ESV)
2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
God uses our flaws and all to grow us toward maturity in Jesus. That is why we must not reject the biblical principle of connecting in Community.
Anne Rice has made news for loving Christ but walking away from the Christian community. Check out this great article that explains why we must stay connected to ONE ANOTHER to continue to see Jesus impact the world around us.
- We have the best leaders, volunteers and servants in the world at Church at the Grove. We could not do what we do without them! I love hanging out with them at Lenora Water Park on Saturday night, rain and all!
- I am ready for some College Football!
- I love what is happening in the life of Church at the Grove right now. Great unity, spirit and Community right now! God is preparing us for a great Harvest coming. Get ready.
- I am so proud of our Community Group leaders and host and the job they did putting on the Community Group Block Party! I loved the atmosphere created on the last two Sundays. I am thankful for Bernice Wood’s idea. Check out her blog. She is a great and thoughtful writer.
- We need more people to volunteer and step up in these areas: Preschool, children, Breakdown! Please let us know where you can serve.
- God is at work!
Keep praying, Keep investing, keep inviting.