The Holy Spirit empowers every believer to make disciples.
Acts 1:8 (ESV)
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Read through the book of Acts this week pray about how you can be used by God to make disciples.
- Sunday was incredible at Church at the Grove! Nathan did an outstanding job challenging us with the explosive history of the early church and how God can use US to continue to do His work through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- I love seeing new faces! Even in these summer weeks, we continue to have many people worship with us each Sunday for the first time.
- I absolutely love the spirit of unity and love in our church! I love the simplistic way we do stuff! We had a short and sweet business meeting and installed a new Elder on Sunday. Craig Ellington will be our new Elder and join our current team of pastoral staff and CATG Elders in leading our church as we grow.
- This was one of the busiest weekends I have had in a long time! Wedding rehearsal Friday night, wedding Saturday. Wedding rehearsal Saturday night, Church at the Grove Sunday morning, wedding Sunday at 1:30pm. Josiah played in an All-Star tourney Saturday and we had a Romania Team meeting on Sunday night! Crazy but good!
- I am so excited about going to Romania with Josiah and Abigail in July! We had an awesome planning meeting on Sunday and we have a great group going to Romania on July 23.
- Nathan and our band did a great job leading at the “UNITED” area youth worship on Wednesday night. It is incredibly difficult to prepare and preach 2 messages in a week like Nathan did! Great job! I love Austin, Shelley and our CATG band! They are so solid and have such great attitudes and hearts to the Lord.
- We had a team of leaders attend a leadership conference on Saturday in Cartersville, GA at Oakleaf Church. I am so thankful for such committed leaders! They had an incredible time and came away with some awesome stuff to implement for CATGrove!
- We have a “NEXT STEPS” gathering coming up on July 11! It will be a lunch at our home! This is the place where you can learn more about CATGrove, our vision and dreams. We share our beliefs, structure and it is a great time to ask questions about anything! Let us know if you plan to attend.
- We have a baptism on Sunday evening July 18 at the home of Lynn and Barbara Bledsoe. Let us know if you would like to be baptized.
- I am so excited about what God is doing. We are working hard on some of the legal and zoning issues related to Miss Mattie’s home and hopefully will be able to begin some practical work very soon. I love seeing the new people God is bringing us and I am so excited about this fall!
- We are working on some possible new changes regarding our children’s ministry for this fall. I can’t wait to see it unfold!
Keep praying, keep investing, keep inviting!