All relationships have a gap between expectations and behavior. 1 Cor. 13:7 encourages us to fill the gap: bearing all things, believing all things, hoping all things, enduring all things. Resist the spiral downward into negativity that can undermine your relationships.
1 Corinthians 13:7 (ESV)
7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Choose this week to put this verse in action by “believing the best” and refusing to “go negative”.
Random Thoughts and Reflections:
- What a great conclusion to the end of a great series yesterday! I am praying for marriages and relationships to be strengthened and encouraged and to finish strong! Here is the review of the 4 weeks. You can listen to all the “Staying in Love” messages online at churchatthegrove.com.
- Week 1 – The foundation for Staying in Love is Making Love a Verb. John 13..34-35.
Week 2 – Put the interest of others ahead of your own interests. Jesus is our ultimate example. Philippians 2:3-8
Week 3 – Staying in love requires you to monitor what is going on inside of you. Guard your heart. Prov. 4:23
Week 4 – All relationships have a gap between expectations and behavior. 1 Cor. 13:7 encourages us to fill the gap: bearing all things, believing all things, hoping all things, enduring all things. Resist the spiral downward into negativity that can undermine your relationships.
- We had our highest attendance since we moved into Walnut Grove High School yesterday! Keep investing and Keep inviting!
- I am equally excited about our new series starting next Sunday titled “Bring It! Exercising Your Gifts”. Don’t miss this new series that leads us up to Easter Sunday!
- I am praying for our own Tom Kirby, who is running for Congress! I was able to attend his campaign announcement Friday evening. We need godly people making a difference for this country! TomKirby2010
- I am coaching 11-12 year old baseball and I love my West Walton Tigers! Two weeks to opening day!
- Lots of babies being born into our church! Yes! Love it!
- I am very excited about some changes we will be making in our Community Groups for the fall! I was able to cast some vision to one of our spring groups last night that will be a “prototype” for some of the changes we will implement! It was a blast and I can’t wait to see what will happen.
- Excited about partnering with the Walton Career Academy this Saturday night to raise money for investing in “at risk” students in Walton County.
- We begin “Thankful Thursdays” at Walnut Grove High School this Thursday! This will be the first time for this ministry at the new High School. I am excited!
- BIGGGGG Easter Egg Hunt Egg-Stravaganza! We are partnering with CornDawgs on Saturday April 3 for a HUGE Easter Egg Hunt for our community. What a great way to connect with people. We will need your help!
Keep Praying, Keep Investing, Keep Inviting!