Worship is our mind’s attention and heart’s affection on God, thanking Him and praising Him for who he is and what He has done, expressed in and by what we say and how we live.
A genuine encounter with Jesus leads to a radical response with your life.
Worship is a verb.
John 4:23 (ESV)
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
Action Step: Do something pragmatic and practical this week as an act of worship that takes you out of your comfort zone. Respond in corporate worship and in your private worship.
- Sunday was without a doubt one of the most powerful worship times we have ever had at Church at the Grove! Awesome!
- This has been a great series! I love talking about God’s “Crazy Love”!
- Man, we are having a lot of babies born into families of Church at the Grove! We have had 2 babies born in the last 2 weeks! Its crazy but I love it!
- I am looking forward to the CATG mission trip to Romania in late July. This is the last week to sign up or commit to the trip. See Nathan. Jill and I are trying to decide which one of us is going to go. Help!
- We have Thankful Thursdayscoming up at Youth Middle School in February! We set up the stage in the cafeteria/auditorium as a cafe and serve coffee and food to the teachers all day during their planning periods. They get to relax, play Wii, hang out and talk without thinking about work. We need your help with food, and just hanging out loving on teachers. We will also do this in March at Walnut Grove High School.
- COMMUNITY GROUPS! Groups begin this week! Don’t miss out on building relationships with people in CATG! Our journey as followers of Jesus is best experienced in the context of relationships! Life is too hard to journey alone!
- I am having a blast helping Nathan with our middle and high school students! Since my son Josiah is in 6th grade I am back involved in youth ministry. Come and join us! We need some more adults that will hang out and love on students. Disciple Now weekend is coming up Feb. 19th and 20th. It is a great in home retreat where youth have fun and grow spiritually.
- We have a new teaching series that begins Sunday February 7. It will be titled “Staying in Love” and will focus on marriage and relationships. Don’t miss this practical series that offers wise guidance on doing marriage right and making it last! There are a lot of marriages struggling and people hurting. This is an awesome series to invite some friends and neighbors.
- I just renewed my homeowner and auto insurance and saved a ton! I also have an incredible source on roof and gutter work that will save a ton of $$$. Let me know and I will pass on the contacts to you.
- I am praying for David and Gracy Bondy in South Asia, Pat and Joy Hardin in Romania and Josh and Rebekah Holt preparing for England. I am also praying for the church plants we support and other ministries we partner with. So many!
- I am praying for the people and relief efforts in Haiti and about future opportunities we may have to invest in people’s lives there. Please join in praying.
- I am so thankful for our leaders at CATG. I had the opportunity to hang out with Leo Shababy yesterday evening and he is such an encourager and so practical in helping me think through steps for CATG to continue reaching people for Jesus.
Keep praying, keep investing, keep inviting!