The spiritual discipline of the church is to meet for encouragement in:
Studying scripture together.
Meeting each other’s needs.
Praying with each other and for each other.
Hebrews 10:25 (ESV)
25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Spend this next week worshiping God daily and individually. As you worship, write down something that God has done, is doing, or can do and show up next week with that reason to worship in mind.
- We had an awesome Sunday yesterday! I am so thankful for the leadership in worship and teaching that we have here at CATG!
- I loved being able to ordain Joseph Velarde yesterday! I love investing in young leaders and seeing what God can do as a result. It was good to have Joseph’s family and friends with us at CATG. Check out Joseph’s church online at www.riverbendonline.org You will enjoying seeing what God is doing.
- Can you believe it!? CATG has a part in sending a missionary to South Asia last week and yesterday we have a part in another churchplant in the Northeastern U.S. Wow! It is awesome to see vision and dreams come to reality right before your eyes!
- I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and spent time with family and friends! I am thankful for Jesus, my family and a great church!
- This past week as a good but sobering week. Many of you know that Jill’s father had surgery to remove cancer a little over a week ago. He is recovering great from the surgery. They were hoping to find out that all the cancer was removed from his body but instead discovered it in his lymph nodes. He will seek medical advice on what type of treatment to pursue after he recovers from surgery. We covet your prayers.
- Shop with a Hero this Saturday Dec. 5 at the Loganville Wal-Mart! Show up early and help us. This will be the biggest one yet!
- I will conclude this “A disciple’s Life” series this Sunday sharing about the discipline of an externally focused church. Don’t miss it. We will then spend two weeks talking about the Christmas story.
- Don’t miss Christmas Eve at the Walnut Grove High School auditorium at 5pm on Dec. 24! Start making plans to bring as many friends and family as possible.
- Keep praying! Keep fasting! Keep investing! Keep inviting!
See you Sunday!