God Still has the whole World in His hands!
Notes from Andy Stanley’s OnePrayer message:
- The Bible is a book written and offered in the midst of extraordinary uncertainty.
- In the midst of uncertainty God is certain!
- If there is ever a time to read the Bible it is now! In times of uncertainty we should run to the Bible!!
- Look at a list of major characters in the stories of the Bible; They are dealt with circumstances of uncertainty.
- Can you trust God? Can you maintain faith in God?
- Can we/Will we maintain faith in Him when we cannot see His hand?
- I always HATE missing a Sunday at Church at the Grove!
- I took my family and drove out to Paulding County and worship with my friend Steve Whipple at Church at the Ridge. I love Steve and his family. Their church is several months older than Church at the Grove but very similar in philosophy, vision and style. They are also in the OnePrayer series this month. Steve and Church at the Ridge are doing some awesome work in South Paulding County.
- I loved being at Church at the Ridge, but I always miss Church at the Grove!
- I try to get away to visit other churches a couple of times during the year to learn and stay sharp/focused on the vision that God has called us to here!
- I had a great week completeing several “Acts of Kindness” and I am looking forward to continuing the challenge this week.
- I encourage all of you to continue in your “Acts of Kindness”, and enter your reports at resurrectinghope.com. Share your ministry with others. It offers encouragement and it challenges others at the same time.
- One thing God challenged me with regarding this week’s “OnePrayer” message from Andy Stanley is: A pastor’s role is to foster trust in God.
- My role is to bridge the gap from where people currently are to where God wants them to be.
- I pray that we can use this summer to sow into our community! Don’t relax from what God has called us to do!
- I had a blast hanging out with our new friends Todd and Shannon and their kids Friday night and with Amy and Craig. I am so thankful that God has led them to Church at the Grove.
- I took the day off Monday and spent some time just relaxing and with the family. We had a great dinner with my brother and sister-in-law and my mom. It was a great way to celebrate the birthday!
- I am reading through the gospel of John. I read the same chapter daily each day for a week. I am also studying James for our upcoming series in July. God is challenging me in a big way.
- We are getting a bit behind in our offerings for the months of June. Our church has been so AWESOME through this point in the year and we can’t afford to get behind this summer. Help us avoid the summer slump! Use our on-line giving, our self-addressed envelopes or automated bank drafts when you are out of town.
- I am loving hanging out with the students at “United” on Wednesday nights! It is great ministry and a lot of fun. If you have a teenager, make sure they don’t miss this at Loganville High School on Wednesday nights. It starts at 6:30pm.