God introduced himself by entering the world through the person of Jesus.
Matthew 1:23 (NIV)
23 “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”–which means, “God with us.”
As an individual, couple or family, choose a time this Christmas season to read the Christmas Story and focus on the central reason we celebrate Christmas. You can read Luke 2:1-20.
- Saturday morning was awesome! I took my family to offer support and help with some other CATGrovers to Dave Crewey and the Atlanta Union Mission Phoenix Society. We met at Wal-Mart near Stone Mountain and helped shop and wrap gifts for the children of the AUM women. We then took their gifts back to the AUM house and ministered to the women that did not have children living at the mission. I can’t think of a better way to have spent our day. These women were overwhelmed and grateful!
- I am thankful for Dave Crewey. His initiative in making this ministry happen is what we would love to see every person who calls Church at the Grove home do in our community. We should all look for a place to show God’s love in a practical way.
- Sunday morning was great. The second week of “Hello My Name Is” focused on “Immanuel” “God is With Us”. God entered the world and introduced himself through the person of Jesus. That is the Christmas Story.
- I am so thankful for our volunteers that work so hard to make Sundays happen at CATGrove! You are the best!
- I am so looking forward to this coming Wednesday night and our Christmas Eve service. Ric, Jordan, Gabe, Mike, James, Shelley, Austin, Billy, James and everyone has been working so hard on making this an incredible Christmas celebration.
- We will not gather on Sunday morning December 28 in keeping with our yearly decision to give that Sunday as a gift to our volunteers. I have mixed emotions because our Sundays have been going so well and have been so great.