Alright, I took last Tuesday off with the Christmas schedule and busyness, but this week I am back on track for some after-Christmas saving tips. I hope you didn’t go overboard on spending for Christmas. Here are a couple tips for this week.
- Take an inventory of your Christmas decorations and make a list of some things you might want for next year. Check out the after-Christmas sales on Christmas decorations and you can get some things off 50% from the regular price or even more.
- Take a long hard look at what you have received as gifts and determine if you really need it. Consider if you can exchange it for something you need, cash, or a gift card. This can save some money. I know that someone gave you the gift, but if they are a true friend they will understand and if they are a loving family member, they will understand.
- Avoid spending money for New Year’s Eve this year. Have friends over or invite yourself to someone else’s house! Avoid the pressure to do anything to spend money!
- Keep eating cheap and avoid eating out!
- Don’t forget to stick with your debt-free plans.
- Don’t forget to reward yourself for achieving your goals.