There is a lady in our church that God is using in a HUGE way. Her name is Madolyn and she personally had responsibility for having at least 20 guest at CATGrove this past Sunday. When it comes to living a missional life and accepting the call to live as a missionary in our culture, what can we learn from Madolyn?
- She had an authentic, genuine, life transforming encounter with Jesus and it has clearly impacted her daily life. See 2 Cor. 5:17
- As a result of her encounter, she lives life differently. She is transformed and walks with Jesus in a passionate, personal way every day of her life. I am not saying she is perfect, I am saying she loves Jesus. See John 10:10.
- She sees people through the lens of Jesus. She lived an unchurched, non-christian existence for many years and she can identify with people outside the church. She sees them with compassion rather than look at them with a critical heart. See Matt. 9:36
- She is willing to live life with people that are far from God. She rubs shoulders with people that are outside the faith and simply need to experience the love of God. See Matthew 11:19
- She understands the value of involvement in the local church. She has found a church she loves and is excited about bringing new people to. She knows that it is important to connect people in relationship with other followers. See Matthew 16:15-19
- She is willing to adjust her time, schedule and life to BE WITH people. See Matt. 28:18-20
May we all follow Jesus in such a way that transforms us and reflects Jesus to others. See Luke 19.10