Bil Cornelius led the final session of the Churchplanters.com “Evolve” Conference. I don’t know if it was because I needed it or if it was simply that good, but it was an incredible way to close the conference. Here is a synopsis:
- The resilient leader in every difficulty sees an opposite opportunity. Adversity is your greatest friend. Opportunities and opposition go together. 1 Corinthians 16:9. “You don’t know someone’s heart until you’ve really disappointed them.” This is a great quote. You may have to chew on it.
- The resilient Leader focuses on the glory of God! Philippians 3:10. God’s blessings on your life is not predicated on people’s approval. Whatever you focus on, you get more of it. Act unquestionable, as if the fruit is already there.
- The resilient leader understands the need to be faithful. The resilient leader understands diligence. Proverbs 22:29 Practice and grow in Prayer and Thinking. Seeking people’s approval will lead to your demise. What you think about most becomes manifest in your life. Bil told a story of a baseball player that built a batting cage and hit baseballs until his hands bled. As churchplanters, pastors, and leaders, we must swing the bat until our hands bleed. Practice and understand the law of large numbers. Become a terrible quitter. Acts 5:28
- Resilient Leaders create a culture of loyalty. We are called to protect our church from bad sheep! Matthew 18:15 You teach people how to treat you.
- The resilient Leader finds confidence in your call of Christ and the fact you are chosen of God. 2 Corinthians 10:13
You can go here to hear the Bil Cornelius’ talk yourself.