Another great Sunday at Church at the Grove:
- The band rocked the house. Props to Dave O and the guys. And oh oh….Did Shelly absolutely nail the “shadowfeet” song. It was awesome.
- Next week we are having a one week Sunday theme on “Linked” Where we will emphasize Community Groups and doing life together. It will be great. Cancel all you plans for Labor day week and stay home for this weekend at Church at the Grove.
- We are planning a baptism service at the Blue Springs Pools immediately after we break down from the services and get over there. Please contact us if you are ready to be baptized.
- We are excited about “We are bringing Sexy Back”! Series on Sept 9! It will be awesome! You don’t want to miss this. Children will have children’s church for the entire hour. Except for the first week of the teaching, our students will have an incredible opportunity to address some issues of purity.
- We went to see Alison Boyd and Ric Wortham married tonight in what was a beautiful service. It was actually cool and windy in the middle of the day and not too hot. I know Lance and Cindy were very proud of everything and how the day went.
- When we returned to our home we were made aware of a tornado or “tornado-like” storm that hit the neighbors. We were sparred most of the damage but our neighbors directly next to us had huge amounts of damage. They are missing a porch! The neighbors behind us are missing a trampoline and some trees. Thank God no one was hurt.
- The thought I cannot get out of my mind is that I long for God to blow His Spirit through our community in such a way that TRANSFORMATION takes place on a whole new level! Now that would be significant! People have their lives simply changed!
- Next Saturday I am going dove hunting, YES in the heat. If the doves are moving around, we will shoot some doves for a while and then we will come back and at 6:45 the University of Georgia Bulldogs will kickoff against Oklahoma State.
- There will be a busy week ahead. I have to get up early so I have to get to bed!
Get some rest and get out in your neighborhood and talk to people. Be Jesus to them. Also think about buying some restaurant gift certificate cards for someone this week.
Go ahead, don’t give in to the Bullies of Silence and Indifference. Step up, and ACT and SPEAK on the behalf of others. Go ahead, go for it.